We love celebrating National Egg Month with foodies everywhere. And this year was no exception.
When we asked six of our favorite online influencers to share with us their best recipes featuring NestFresh eggs, we speculated that we’d get a whole lot of deliciousness. The good news: we speculated right! From Beef and Potato Hash with Jammy Eggs and Avocado to Green Chile Cheddar Waffles, we shared a whole lot of crave-able recipes. The one you loved most, though? (Drumroll, please!)
Say ‘hello’ to Instagram star, @drdavinahs’ Quiche in Bacon Cups! This breakfast/brunch/anytime dish went in for the win… then we celebrated it in our own test kitchen! Watch the video here, then give this prize-winning recipe a try for yourself!
Let’s hear from our winner on what inspired her recipe.
Quiche is one of my favorite brunch dishes, but it’s definitely not low-carb or keto-friendly. Yes, I could have simply made this crustless, but why when everything tastes better with bacon! This dish takes the flavors of Quiche Lorraine to a new level with a few twists. The spiced sour cream adds a tangy layer that cuts through the richness of some other ingredients.
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1 tsp ranch seasoning mix
• 1 Tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
• 1/2 yellow onion, sliced thin
• 1/2 green pepper, sliced thin
• 2 cups spinach
• 5 large eggs
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
• 1/8 tsp salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
• 2 slices of sugar-free bacon
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Sauté bacon for 3 minutes per side. Reserve 2 tbsp of the bacon grease to prepare the veggies. Set the bacon aside.
2. Add veggies and soy sauce to the bacon pan and cook until all are tender (8 minutes). Remove from heat and set aside. In a small bowl, mix sour cream and ranch seasoning mix. Set aside. Whisk the eggs, heavy cream, grated parmesan cheese, salt, and black pepper.
3. Assemble the bacon cups: Create an X with 2 slices of bacon. Place the bacon in a muffin cup. Fold any hanging bacon edges to form a cup or bowl in the muffin tin.
4. Assemble the quiche: Add a layer of spiced sour cream to the bottom of each bacon bowl; add sautéed veggies, and Gruyere cheese. Pour the egg mixture so that the muffin tin is 3/4 full Bake the quiche for about 15 minutes.