Our First Annual Egg-cellent Baking Contest went off without a hitch, and we have to say, all of you talented chefs out there did not make choosing a winner easy!
We’re so proud to introduce you to this year’s winning home chef and her prize-worthy recipe. Say hello to Nancy H. from Las Vegas for her Curried Crab Quiche Lorraine! It’s a creative spin on the traditional quiche. Flaky pie crust holds a decadent and savory layer of fluffy eggs, flavorful curry and fresh crab for an unbelievably tasty anytime-treat!
Can’t wait to try Nancy’s NestFresh-inspired recipe for yourself? We don’t blame you! Check it out here and let us know what you think. And stay tuned for a very special recipe e-book complete with all of the standout submissions from this year’s contest!
Curried Crab Quiche Lorraine
• 1 uncooked pie crust shell (8 or 9 inch)
• ½ cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoon flour
• 3 beaten NestFresh Cage Free eggs
• ½ cup milk
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
• 2 teaspoons curry powder
• 1cup lump crab, flaked
• 3 teaspoons minced parsley, reserve 1 teaspoon
• 1/3 cup chopped green scallions
• 8 ounces shredded Gruyere cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In medium bowl, beat mayonnaise, flour, eggs, milk, kosher salt, lemon pepper, curry powder until well blended.
3. Stir in crabmeat, parsley, scallions and cheese.
4. Pour mixture into pie crust shell.
5. Sprinkle with reserved parsley.
6. Bake for 40-45 minutes until set.
7. Let rest 10 minutes before cutting.