Spoil mom this Mother’s Day with pull-apart morsels of pillowy biscuit dough that are baked with crisp bacon, a blend of Italian cheese and softly set scrambled eggs. Our Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Monkey Bread is the perfect way to start a mom’s special day.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
• 6 NestFresh Non-GMO Free Range Eggs
• Pinch salt and pepper
• 1/2 cup butter, divided
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives, divided
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 can (16 oz) refrigerated biscuit dough
• 8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and finely crumbled
• 1 1/2 cups shredded Italian Blend Cheese
For Dipping Sauce:
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tsp lemon zest
• 1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease Bundt pan; set aside.
2. Whisk together NestFresh Eggs, salt and pepper. Melt 1 tbsp butter in nonstick skillet set over medium-high heat; pour in NestFresh Eggs. Cook for 1 minute, without stirring, or until bottom begins to set; stir NestFresh Eggs. Cook, stirring, until softly set curds form. Remove from heat and spread out on plate; set aside.
3. Melt 1/4 cup butter; stir in 3 tbsp chives, and garlic. Cut each round of biscuit dough into six pieces. Roll each piece of dough in butter mixture.
4. Arrange one-third of the dough in prepared Bundt pan. Scatter half of the scrambled eggs, bacon and cheese over top. Repeat layers once and top with remaining pieces of dough.
5. Bake for about 30 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Turn out onto serving platter. Melt remaining butter; brush over top. Sprinkle with remaining chives.
6. Dipping Sauce: Stir together sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon zest and lemon juice.
• Dipping sauce can be prepared and stored, tightly covered, in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
• Serve as part of a brunch buffet or as a plated entrée with fresh fruit, sliced tomatoes and a fluffy green salad.