Surprise family and friends this summer with an impressive potato salad dressed with a creamy version of the classic Argentinian sauce – and topped with perfectly cooked, free range eggs.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
• 3 lb baby yellow-fleshed potatoes, halved
• 1 tbsp kosher salt
• 12 NestFresh Pasture Raised Eggs
• 1/4 cup assorted fresh herb sprigs (parsley, cilantro and oregano)
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 shallot, finely chopped
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1/4 tsp each red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
• 1/4 cup each chopped fresh parsley, cilantro and oregano
• 3/4 cup mayonnaise
1. Salad: Place potatoes and salt in large saucepan; pour in enough water to cover. Bring to boil; cook for about 10 minutes or until just tender. Drain and spread out on baking sheet; let cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, place eggs in small saucepan; pour in enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain and place under cold running water. Peel and let cool completely.
3. Dressing: Whisk together vinegar, oil, shallot, garlic, mustard, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Stir in parsley, cilantro and oregano; fold in mayonnaise until well combined.
4. Toss dressing with potatoes until evenly coated. Arrange on long, shallow platter.
5. To serve, quarter eggs and arrange over potato salad. Garnish with herb sprigs.
• Omit cilantro and replace with additional parsley if desired.
• Eggs are easier to peel when they’re still warm, so peel as soon as they are not too hot to handle.
• Can be made and refrigerated for up to 1 day.