If you have a CSA share, shop at the farmer’s market, or have your own garden, you have probably been enjoying fresh, seasonal veggies all summer long! As these summer veggies begin to wane with the cooling temperatures, it is fun to find ways to throw them all together into one meal that celebrates summer.
That was our idea behind this Confetti Frittata, named for all of the diced up veggies in a variety of colors. The best part about this recipe is that you can use almost any veggies, and even meat, you have on-hand left-over from other meals or scraped from the last harvest from your garden. Its rainbow of colors means you’re getting a lot of different nutrients, too, in addition to the vitamins and nutrients found in eggs!
• 2 tablespoons oil, divided
• 1 shallot, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, diced
• 1 orange bell pepper, seeded and diced
• 2 cups kale, chopped
• 1 tomato, diced
• 8 NestFresh Eggs
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium heat.
3. Once hot, sauté the shallot and garlic about 3 minutes.
4. Add the bell pepper and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes.
5. Add the kale and continue to sauté for another 3 minutes.
6. Place the vegetable mix into a large bowl and mix in the tomato.
7. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs then mix them into vegetables.
8. Season the eggs and vegetables with salt and pepper.
9. Grease an 8×8 square baking dish with the other tablespoon of oil.
10. Bake 35 minutes until completely set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.