Happy World Egg Day! The second Friday in October is traditionally world egg day and it is one of our favorite days of the year! We celebrate all things eggs, especially recipes and dishes with an international flavor. Eggs are incredibly versatile and enjoyed in dishes throughout the world so, in honor of this special day for NestFresh, we are sharing an exciting new recipe that we hope will inspire you to experiment with new flavors and spices when cooking with eggs.
Time: 30 minutes
• 2 tablespoon coconut oil
• 6 NestFresh Eggs
• Salt and pepper to taste
• ¼ cup coconut milk, divided
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• ½ lb ground lamb
• 1 teaspoon curry powder
• 3 tomatoes, diced
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
1. Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
2. Crack the NestFresh Eggs into a bowl and whisk them with salt, pepper, and a dash of coconut milk.
3. Add the garlic to the hot pan and cook for about 1 minute.
4. Add the diced tomatoes to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes.
5. Add the ground lamb, eggs and curry powder.
6. Cook until the lamb is free of any pink and the eggs are set.
7. Add the tomato paste remaining coconut milk, stirring occasionally until the mixture is thickened.
What are you cooking for World Egg Day? What new spices or flavors have you tried recently?