Often the chopping, the shopping, and all of the other preparation that goes into making meals can be the most frustrating part of cooking. Even for those who enjoy food and recipes, these tasks can be quite a chore. One way to save time and make the whole process simpler is to do the prep work for multiple meals at once. While some go-getters may recommend preparing a whole week’s worth of meals on Sunday, you may not want to commit to that immediately. Ease into meal prep and planning with these recipes for fried rice and quiche.
These two recipes have similar ingredients, allowing you to do all of the chopping and preparation at once. You can make them on a weeknight to serve one for dinner and keep the other for a quick breakfast or brown bag lunch.
Shrimp and Vegetable
Quiche and Fried Rice
Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 4 (2 meals each)
• 1 bunch spinach
• 2 carrots
• 2 heads broccoli
• 1 bunch bok chou
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1 tablespoon ginger
• 3 cups peeled and deveined shrimp
• 12 NestFresh Eggs
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup brown rice
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• ¼ cup soy sauce
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Chop the spinach, carrots, and broccoli.
3. Chop the bok choy, separating leaves and stems.
4. Peel and mince the garlic and the ginger.
5. Separate ½ cup of the spinach, all of the bok choy leaves, 1 cup shrimp, and 8 NestFresh Eggs.
6. In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
7. Mix the spinach, bok choy leaves, and shrimp into the eggs.