What could possibly make enchiladas even better? A fried egg and Tapatio punch up one of our weeknight favorites.
Enchilada Bake Casserole with Fried Egg & Tapatio
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Servings Per Recipe: 11
• 1 lb ground beef
• 1 small onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 ½ cup chunky salsa
• 1 ¾ cup refried beans
• 2 cups enchilada sauce
• 2 ¼ cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
• 10 (6-inch) corn tortillas, halved and divided
• Green onion
• NestFresh Eggs
• Oil or butter
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Cook beef, onion and garlic in a large skillet until beef is brown. Drain excess liquid out of pan.
3. Stir in salsa, beans and enchilada sauce. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low. Stir often. About 6 minutes.
4. Layer half corn tortillas on bottom of a large, greased baking dish. Cover with half of meat and bean mixture. Sprinkle with half of cheese. Repeat process.
5. Bake covered for 15-20 minutes. While baking, heat a pan over medium heat with oil or butter. Once hot, crack an egg and fry. About 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
6. Remove enchilada casserole from oven and let cool slightly. Cut a large square and plate. Top with fried egg and green onion. Add Tapatio to taste.