In an effort to help busy readers everywhere make a commitment to breakfast once and for all, we’ve rallied up a few tips to make your mornings run a bit smoother … Plus, one truly delicious recipe to fuel you for greatness!
A great day runs on more than luck. Give these three must-try tips a go:
Tip #1: Pack your bags. Organize everything that will be going out the door with you the night before. Whether it’s your briefcase, backpack or purse, stay organized by taking a few minutes to prepare for the next morning.
Tip #2: Wake up (just a little bit) earlier. By waking up just 10 minutes earlier than you’re used to, you can minimize the stress that sometimes comes with being in a rush. Time is a luxury, so use it wisely! Wake up slowly, enjoy a delicious breakfast (sitting down at the breakfast table!) and beat the morning rush.
Tip #3: Avoid the breakfast rush. Take some time at the beginning of your week to prepare a breakfast recipe that you whip up in a cinch. Read on for a Taco Sweet Potato and Spinach Egg Bake that you can choose to store in the freezer for up to four months or in the fridge for up to a week! What’s better? It’s delicious heated or chilled!
Taco Sweet Potato and Spinach Egg Bake
• 3 small (12 oz) sweet potatoes, coarsely grated
• 6 large NestFresh eggs
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp black pepper, ground
• 1/2 tsp taco seasoning, all natural
• 1/2 cup milk
• 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
• 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
• 1 small garlic clove, crushed
• 1 tbsp jalapeno, seeded and minced
• 2 handfuls of baby spinach
• Cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line 8 x 8 square baking dish with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl add eggs, salt, pepper, taco seasoning and whisk for 30 seconds.
3. Add milk, cheese, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno peppers and whisk to combine. Add sweet potatoes and spinach. Mix well and transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for 50 minutes.
4. Remove from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve hot, warm or cold.