These perfect little mini-quiches go together in 10 minutes, bake in 30, and provide breakfast for a week! If you freeze them, they can be microwaved in just a minute or two for a fast, healthy breakfast. This recipe is very low in sodium and full of healthy veggies. If you’re not watching your sodium, you can substitute another type of cheese.
• 10 ounces (285 g) frozen chopped spinach or broccoli
• 4 NestFresh eggs
• 3/4 cup (180 g) whole-milk ricotta cheese (can omit)
• 1/2 cup (60 g) bell peppers, diced
• 1/4 cup (20 g) green onions, diced
• 3 drops hot sauce, optional
1. If using frozen vegetables, microwave for 2-3 minutes on high until thawed. Squeeze dry with your hands (or else the quiches won’t set).
2. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups or silicone cups. Spray foil cups with cooking spray.
3. Preheat oven to 350F/180C/gas mark 4.
4. Blend all ingredients together in a bowl, mixing well. Divide evenly among the cups.
5. Bake for 30 minutes until they are firm to the touch and starting to brown a little. There may still be some bubbling, but they will set as they cool.
6. Let cool on wire rack. Wrap extras in plastic wrap once cool and store in a freezer-safe bag.