May is National Egg Month, which means we are looking forward to a full 31 days to celebrate eggs. To kick off this egg-celent month, here is a reminder of all of the reasons we love to celebrate eggs.
• Eggs come in their own environmentally friendly packaging. Their shell is biodegradable, compostable, and can be used in a variety of ways around the house and garden. NestFresh Eggs are packaged in recyclable and recycled packaging.
• Eggs are high in protein and the protein found in eggs is high quality and complete. Eggs are also a really affordable source of protein compared to other animal-based sources.
• In addition to their protein, eggs are a nutritional powerhouse as they contain every vitamin and mineral your body needs except vitamin C.
• Eggs are incredibly versatile in the kitchen. You can enjoy them from breakfast to dinner in a variety of dishes and paired with almost any other ingredient from sweet to savory. See some of our favorite recipes for some egg inspiration.
• Eggs also have a number of functional uses in cooking such as binding, emulsification, coagulation and adhesion, which affect texture and consistency.
• Finally, the egg provides all of these benefits while being a natural, single ingredient product. Nothing has a cleaner ingredient label than a farm fresh eggs. NestFresh Eggs are even more natural, providing a humane life for the hens on sustainable family farms.
How will you celebrate National Egg Month this May?