We’re making the most of the egg this month. It’s time to take the protein packed hard cooked egg from simple snack to energy boosting meal! Egg salad might be the most underappreciated recipe in the cookbook, we’re bringing it back with four “pin”-able, “tweet”-able, “like”-able recipes for every foodie.
What’s your favorite way to eat NestFresh eggs? Whether you hard boil them or prefer them deviled, we’ve got the perfect egg salad for you.
• 8 hardboiled NestFresh eggs, peeled and coarsely chopped
• 1 avocado, smashed
• 2 tablespoons celery, chopped
• 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Lettuce, bread or crackers for serving
1. Coarsely chop 8 peeled hardboiled eggs and toss into a medium-sized bowl.
2. Add smashed avocado, 2 tablespoons chopped celery and 2 teaspoons yellow mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper; stir gently to combine.
3. Serve with greens, on bread, toast or with crackers.
• 12 hardboiled NestFresh eggs
• 1/4 cup chopped green onion
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
• 3 Tbsp Dijon mustard
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
• Hot sauce to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon paprika
• Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Coursely chop 12 peeled hardboiled eggs and toss into a large bowl.
2. Add the green onion, celery, red bell pepper.
3. In small bowl, mix together the mayo, mustard, vinegar and hot sauce. Gently stir the mayo dressing into the bowl with the eggs and vegetables. Add paprika and salt and black pepper to taste.
4. Serve with greens, on bread, toast or with crackers.
• 6 hardboiled NestFresh eggs
• ½ cup apple cider vinegar
• ½ cup distilled white vinegar
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• ¼ cup finely chopped fresh chives
• One bunch finely chopped fresh parsley
• Freshly ground black pepper to taste
• Ciabatta bread
• Olive oil
• 1-2 garlic cloves
• Prosciutto for serving
1. Bring vinegars, sugar, 1½ tsp. salt, and ½ cup water to a simmer in a medium saucepan. Set aside and let cool.
2. Add pickling liquid and hardboiled eggs to a bowl, cover and chill at least 12 hours.
3. Remove eggs from pickling liquid. Coarsely chop the pickled eggs, mix with mayonnaise, chives and parsley in a medium bowl. Season with salt, pepper and a dash of pickling liquid.
4. Preheat oven to 425°. Place bread on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Toast until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes. Rub each piece of toast with garlic.
5. Top each slice of toast with pickled egg salad and a slice of prosciutto.
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons scallion, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
• 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
• 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
• 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
• 4 hardboiled NestFresh eggs, chopped
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• 8 mini pita pockets, halved
1. Whisk mayonnaise, scallions, shallots, apple cider vinegar, mustard, curry powder and cumin in a large bowl.
2. Fold in eggs. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Fill pita pockets with about 1 Tbsp. egg salad each.