Who wouldn’t like to eat more cookies, especially in October? The weather is cooling down, making baking more appealing, and all of the best flavors like pumpkin and cinnamon are starting to pop up.
To celebrate Cookie Month, enjoy this recipe for Egg Yolk Cookies. We get a lot of questions about what to do with extra yolks after the whites have been used in meringues or other desserts. This recipe only uses egg yolks, which give these cookies a full, creamy flavor. With pumpkin pie spice and brown sugar, they also celebrate the best flavors of the season.
Egg Yolk Cookies
1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
6 yolks from NestFresh Eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Cream the butter and the brown sugar.
- Add the NestFresh Egg yolks and vanilla extract and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Once ingredients are uniformly mixed, roll the dough into a log.
- Slice dough into cookies about ¼ inch thick.
- Lay the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for 10-12 minutes.