- 3 Large NestFresh Eggs (for sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice (for sauce)
- 1/2 Cup hot clarified butter (for sauce)
- Chopped fresh chives, tarragon or basil (optional for sauce)
- 2 Teaspoons vegetable oil (for eggs benedict)
- 6 Slices canadian bacon (for eggs benedict)
- English Muffins, split, toasted (for eggs benedict)
- 6 Large NestFresh Eggs, poached
FOR SAUCE: Mix egg yolks and lemon juice in blender until very well blended. With machine running, gradually drizzle hot clarified butter into yolk mixture. Continue blending until mixture is smooth and thick. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. If desired, stir chives, tarragon or basil into sauce. Keep sauce warm.
FOR EGGS BENEDICT: Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add bacon and sauté until heated through. Place bacon atop toasted English muffin halves. Top with poached egg. Drizzle with sauce and serve.
FOR CLARIFIED BUTTER: Melt 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter in heavy small saucepan over medium heat. Skim the froth off the surface of the melted butter. Carefully pour the clear melted butter into a small bowl or measuring cup. Discard the milky liquid remaining in the bottom of the saucepan.
Nutrition Information per servings: Calories 266, Protein 9g, Carbohydrate 1g, Saturated Fat 13g, Total Fat 25g, Cholesterol 395mg, Sodium 104mg
**It is always best to cook your eggs thoroughly to prevent illness from bacteria. Please note the eggs in this dish are not fully cooked.