- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 plum tomatoes cored and diced (about 1 cup)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4-5 large NestFresh Eggs
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons torn fresh basil leaves
- warm buttered toast
Heat the oil and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat just until the garlic begins to sizzle. Add the tomatoes and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in the cheese. Add to the skillet, reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring gently, until the eggs are soft-set but still creamy, about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with the basil and serve with toast.
Nutrition Information per servings: Calories 171, Protein 8g, Carbohydrates 5g, Saturated Fat 3g, Total Fat 13g, Cholesterol 237mg, Sodium 132mg
Notes: Often the most satisfying dishes are those made with freshly harvested local ingredients. Plum tomatoes and basil from the farmers’ market make the flavors in this favorite summertime combination sing.