Quick to prepare with a light, fresh flavor and a little spicy heat, this pasta dish is perfect for warm summer evenings when just a salad won’t do.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
• 4 NestFresh Pasture Raised Eggs
• 12 oz rigatoni
• 8 tbsp butter
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1/2 tsp each red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
• 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
• 1/4 cup lemon juice
• 1/2 cup grated Pecorino cheese, divided
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Place eggs in small saucepan; pour in enough cold water to cover. Bring to boil; remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 8 minutes. Drain and place under cold running water. Peel and let cool completely. Grate eggs on box grater; cover and set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook rigatoni in large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and reserve 1 1/4 cups cooking liquid.
3. Melt butter in large, straight-sided skillet set over medium-high heat; cook garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper for about 2 minutes or until fragrant but not browned.
4. Stir in lemon zest and juice; simmer for 1 minute. Add pasta and half of the Pecorino; toss to coat. Add enough of the reserved cooking liquid, a splash at a time, until pasta is well coated. Stir in parsley.
5. Sprinkle with remaining Pecorino and grated eggs. Serve immediately.
• Pasta is best when cooked in well-seasoned water, which should be as salty as the sea.
• Substitute Parmesan for Pecorino cheese if desired.