Today we are sharing a recipe from our friends at the American Egg Board. We think their Jalapeno Corn Muffins are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal, spicing up the spread of traditional comfort foods. See more recipes for making Thanksgiving and every day incredible at the Incredible Egg website.
Jalapeno Corn Muffins
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 15 to 18 minutes
Makes: 5 dozen mini muffins
• Vegetable cooking spray
• 3 large eggs, beaten
• 1 can (15 ounces) cream style corn
• 1/4 cup butter
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1 cup milk
• 2 cups self-rising yellow corn meal mix
• 1 cup self-rising flour
• 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
• 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
• 2 tablespoons seeded chopped fresh jalapeno pepper
1. PREHEAT oven to 400°F. SPRAY mini muffin tins with vegetable cooking spray; set aside.
2. COMBINE eggs and corn in large bowl.
3. MICROWAVE butter and onion in small microwavable bowl on HIGH 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender. STIR into egg mixture.
4. ADD milk, corn meal, flour, cheese, chilies and jalapeno pepper; stir until well blended.
5. FILL prepared muffin tins to the top.
6. BAKE 15 to 18 minutes or until lightly browned. LET stand 5 minutes before removing from pans. Continue BAKING remaining batter.
7. SERVE warm.
May be bake in an 8 or 9-inch square pan. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
Nutrition information per serving (2 mini muffins): 107 calories; 5g total fat; 3g saturated fat; 0g polyunsaturated fat; 1g monounsaturated fat; 31mg cholesterol; 269mg sodium; 12g carbohydrate; 1g dietary fiber; 4g protein; 199.0 IU Vitamin A; 7.1 IU Vitamin D; 29.5mcg folate; 106.0mg calcium; 1mg iron; 18.0mg choline.