Polly, who blogs at Tasty Food Project, uses breakfast to help kick start her day and she always has to have a good source of protein that will help her last until lunch. She is letting us share one of her protein-packed breakfasts with you. With this easy recipe, she combines some of her favorite foods for a delicious combo!
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
• One 6 ounce salmon fillet
• ¼ teaspoon lemon pepper
• 2 pieces of whole wheat sliced toast, or 1 bagel cut in half
• ½ avocado, mashed
• 2 NestFresh Eggs
• 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
• Pinch of onion powder
• Pinch of garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon Frank’s Hot Sauce
1. Heat skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Place salmon filet in skillet and cook for a 2 minutes. Flip the filet over and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Shred salmon into pieces and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Continue to stir until it is fully cooked.
2. Toast your sliced bread or bagel in a toaster in a medium heat setting.
3. Divide mashed avocado onto each toasted bread slice.
4. Evenly divide shredded salmon on top of each sandwich.
5. Re-heat skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon olive oil. Crack both eggs into skillet. Cover the eggs with a lid for about 2 minutes. Use a spatula to remove one egg at a time and place on top of shredded salmon. Remove skillet from heat.
6. Mix Greek yogurt with garlic powder, onion powder, and Frank’s hot sauce. Stir the ingredients very well and make sure they are all mixed together. Continue to stir to help thin out the sauce. Drizzle over the eggs and enjoy!