If your back-to-school breakfast routine is already in a rut, this healthy sweet potato hash is a great recipe to add to your morning routine. It is full of vegetables to start the day off healthy while the sweet potatoes and protein keep both kids and adults full until lunch. The recipe below will make 4 hearty servings, but it can easily be scaled up or down depending on how many you’re feeding in the mornings. It is also a great recipe to make in a big batch and simply heat up for a quick breakfast throughout the week.
Time: 30 minutes
• 2 sweet potatoes
• 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1/2 onion, diced
• 1 bell pepper, seeded and diced
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 4 NestFresh Eggs
• 1 avocado, sliced
1. Peel the sweet potato and cut into ¼ inch cubes.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a pan.
3. Once the oil is hot, add the sweet potato, onion, and bell pepper.
4. Cook the mixture until the onion is soft and translucent.
5. Season the hash with red pepper flakes and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Remove the hash from the pan and keep warm.
7. Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and fry each NestFresh Egg for about 3 minutes on each side until set.
8. Top the hash with the fried eggs and avocado.
What other recipes are part of your morning routine? Do you go for a fast breakfast, a hearty one, one that goes great with your coffee, or a combination? Let us know!