March Madness means lots of time spent in front of the TV cheering, shouting and snacking on anything that will get you through each nail-biting game. Don’t reach for your cookbook! We’ve got the only recipe you’ll need all season, and of course it uses NestFresh eggs!
With our Avocado Deviled Egg Dip, transform this versatile snack into … whatever you want it to be! From mild to spicy and from clean and simple to meaty and hearty, all of the sports enthusiasts in your home can stay full and focused on the play at hand.
And you? You’ll spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your friends and family. Go (insert basketball team of choice)!
Step One: Make our basic Avocado Egg Dip to start.
• 6 hard boiled NestFresh eggs
• ½ avocado
• 1 tbsp mayonnaise
• 2 tsp dijon mustard
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp pepper
1. Remove the shell from the hard boiled eggs and cut lengthwise. Remove the yolk and place into a medium mixing bowl
2. Add the flesh of ½ ripe avocado, mayo, dijon mustard, salt and pepper to the egg yolks.
3. Using a hand mixer, beat the yolk mixture on medium speed until creamy.
4. Serve in bowl with chips, pretzels and vegetables.
Step Two: Dress it up depending on your taste and mood!
Bacon Jalapeño Deviled Egg Dip: Add two jalapenos, seeded and chopped, six pieces of bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled, and paprika to taste.
Chicken Salad Deviled Egg Dip: Add one cup of shredded and finely chopped chicken, one tbsp. of chopped onion, 1/2 tsp. of dill and old bay seasoning to taste.
Roasted Red Pepper Deviled Egg Dip: Add ¼ cup of drained and chopped jarred roasted red peppers, 2 teaspoons of mustard and paprika to taste.