What if we told you the only summer dessert you needed this month was (wait for it) our Tarty Meringue Shells.
1. For formal affairs.
2. For summer nights spent barefoot in the grass with friends
3. When your pantry is running low and you’ve got summer berries that need to be devoured pronto!
Serve this sweet recipe to guests at your next party and everyone will leave smiling. It’s pretty but not high maintenance, so you can easily add a level of sophistication to any get-together. No hassle here!
Tarty Meringue Shells
• 3 NestFresh egg whites, at room temperature
• 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
• 3/4 cup sugar
• Summer berries of your choice, such as strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries
• Vanilla gelato
1. Beat room temperature NestFresh egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Slowly beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form, sugar is dissolved and the meringue mixture feels silky smooth.
2. Drop eight individual mounds onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to shape each into three-inch cups. Bake at 225° for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until set. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour.
3. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. When you’re ready to serve, fill shells with the summer berries of your choice and top with a small scoop of vanilla gelato.