Today we are so excited to share one of our favorite recipes for the holidays! This coffee cake is rich and tasty, making it a wonderful holiday treat. The brown sugar and cinnamon topping just might make this your new favorite way to start those chilly winter mornings.
We make some small tweaks with greek yogurt, fresh blueberries, and whole wheat flour to make sure you feel a little more cheerful about sneaking this treat in with your morning coffee.
• 2 sticks butter, room temperature
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup greek yogurt
• ½ cup low fat milk
• 2 cups whole wheat flour
• 1 cup all purpose flour
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 3 NestFresh Egg whites
• 1 ½ cups blueberries
• 3/4 stick butter, cold
• ½ cup flour
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add greek yogurt and milk.
4. In a separate bowl combine whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
5. Gradually add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
6. In another clean and dry bowl, beat the NestFresh Egg whites until they form a stiff peak.
7. Carefully fold egg whites into coffee cake batter.
8. Gently stir in blueberries and pour batter into the baking dish.
9. For the topping, combine flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
10. Add sliced cold butter and cut butter into the flour/sugar mixture using a pastry cutter or two knives.
11. Sprinkle topping onto batter.
12. Bake coffee cake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife is inserted and comes out clean.